[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question? Puppy's Death Soaking Food

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>, myjoygs@xxxxxxx, JANGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:50:50 -0500

Of the few dogs that I have had that bloated, most did so on an empty
stomach. I add a bit of water to the food, just to make it more palatable,
I also add meat and veggies, not for any special reason other than I figure
it tastes good. Every once in a while, maybe twice a month, they get just
dry food, just so they know that when the food bowl is put down, they had
better eat! I don't think there is a wrong or right way, just what the
person feel comfortable with feeding. If  how you are feeding is working
and the results seem good, then no need to fix anything! Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

There are
> different opinions on that also.? I was mentored?to?soak, however I have
> admit I do not soak as long as I use to.?
> I think in the case of the puppies choking, I can see it happening either
way.?
> I soak and grind puppy food until I feel their teeth can handle the
kibble,
> otherwise they are just going to gulp it down without chewing.? I think
its a
> sad and freak accident for these poor puppies and their owners.?

MANNER

> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL

> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A