[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Quarterly or Bimonthly Review

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:04:10 +0000

THE CANINE CHRONICLES:  $400.00 for a color page with up to 3 photographs
                                         Sent for free to all judges (AB and
Breeder)...and there a regional reps that
                                         take them to AB shows and gives them
away.

GSD REVIEW:  $425.00 for a color page and 1 photograph
                      Available only to GSDCA members (judges and/or
exhibitors).
                      NOT SENT to AB judges and Non-member Breeder judges.

If you are interested in showing in both venues, then CC  gives you more  bang
for your buck...
BTW, Show Sight Magazine is available on line and I believe that CC will soon
on line also.
And AKC Weekly Winners on line magazine lets your advertise  your winner within
a week,
for a nominal fee, and it is available for viewing on the AKC site or you can
have it sent to your e-mail addy.

Plus, a majority of kennels/breeders have websites now.....and advertise their
dogs on their own sites.
With the advent of Breed specific lists, everyone knows where to look.

I guess my point is that there maybe so many ways to "advertise" now that it is
not cost effective to
do it in a magazine with a small circulation.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherd
 -AKC Breeders of Merit
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com