[ SHOWGSD-L ] Quad Cities

  • From: Gary Weickelt <gweickelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:09:45 -0500

I will just repeat what everyone has said about the weekend, so I
won't. I'll just brag.
I took my 14 month old boy, Wenkarah's Blazing Saddles,
affectionately known as "Mongo,"  out for his very first shows. On
Friday, handled by  Shannon Weiss, a junior handler from St Paul, he
was fourth in his 12-18 class.
Well, bright and early on Saturday morning, Shannon had another
chance to go in the ring with Mongo. It was Amateur Futurity time.
Wouldn't you know it, he won his class. Don't ask how many were in
it. From there he went on to Best Opposite in Amateur Futurity.
Shannon did a great job with Mongo.
For the Futurity Mongo was handled by Christy Heiman. He was placed
fourth in his class.
Then on to Sunday. Shannon took him in his 12-18 class and came out
with first place.  In winners he was moved up, how exciting for only
his third day of showing. Shannon did an excellent job with a young
dog, she has a very promising career ahead of her.
Mongo is by "Bailey" out of "Sweetie." Did I get that right? That is
Wenkarah's Sugar Maranatha. I think all of you know Bailey's real name.

Thanks to judges, D.D. Ardion, Cindy Bartley, Kathy Potter, and Bob
Feeny.

Thank to handlers Shannon Weiss and Christy Heiman

Gary Weickelt