[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: QUES... Futurities - Regional Showcases?

  • From: "Joannie" <joank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:52:41 -0700

That's not what I'm saying at all Christine.  Right now I have 3 regions that
are
within a two day drive that I am willing to enter and show in.  I have attended
all
three every year for the past 6 to 8 years.  You are talking about giving me
the
option of only 2 regions that I can get to with a maximum two day drive,
SOMETIMES.
If I have dogs I want, or have to show in different regions, you will limit my
entries 'cause I haven't the money to fly myself, my handler & my dogs half way
across the country.  You seem to be forgetting that those of us on the west or
east
coast are limited by water in being able to travel.

Look at your map again.  I moved to Silverton Oregon the first part of last
year.
Yes, that puts me closer to the NW shows, which, by the way, the Eugene club
will be
bidding on a futurity next year, in addition to the two Washington clubs and
the
Portland club.  Right now, the Mid-Pacific is 9 to 12 hours from me, depending
on
the location.  That puts the South-Pacific a MINIMUM of 15 hours for the LA
area
clubs and up to 22 hours to get to Tucson with the regions split the way they
are.

With what you are proposing, the South-Pacific could be as far as 26 hours to
El
Paso or 32 hours to Dallas.  Now I have to take out a bank loan to attend a
futurity
that is THREE DAYS away?  I don't think so.  Denver is 19 hours so that fits
into
the two day drive thing, WHEN Denver or Colorado Springs has the futurity for
their
region.

I only had one litter in 2006.  FIVE of the puppies were entered in the western
three regions.  Of the 5, only two were entered in the NW.  The others could
not be.
I have THREE litters this year that I either bred here or co-own and have
puppies
here.  If I can't get to a futurity with a maximum of 2 days drive, you've lost
large portion of my entries.

Joannie