[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purpose of Dog shows and grooming??

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

OMG you too lol?  My first CH had 2 white nails.  I bought punk  rock black
nail polish...it too was gone before he hit the ring.

People go crazy w/ black...black mascara, black (horse) spray in a can, the
 black stuff for "winter noses", black spots dripping down a dog's tan legs
from  a bad dye job, dogs turning blue, purple or green in the sun from the
undertones  in the black dye...what an absolute mess.  Do you remember the
black  shampoo for cockers etc.?  Do they still have that?  Used that once
and couldn't get it off my hands, but the dog was the same color.

Life lessons learned...now I have dark dogs <G>.

In my last litter I had snapped pics of the puppies for a companion home
and they all had a few white hairs visible on their chests.  I promptly got
a follow up e-mail....WHITE...GASP!!!!!!!

I truthfully replied I've never finished a dog w/o some white on their
chest and sent the pic of Solo on the cover of Dog News with the comment "and
WE  don't hide it either" <VBG>.  That ended the gal's  concern:)))))

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 9/28/2012 10:00:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 9/28/12 6:08:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

So...save your $$$$....and start  bathing and blowing out your dog  days
before a show.   Ever notice most class dogs look better  the third day of

cluster?

This is great advice.

I remember one time  when Jerry Graham was showing Champion Howard's
Retrace for us. He  would have me go off before the show and put black
magic
marker on  her toe nails.  One swipe on the grass, and it was gone. He just

wanted to get rid of me before the class.

I do remember sitting  back in the stalls with a purple magic marker doing
my tennis shoes  so they matched my purple coast.  I also remember putting
on my  white suit and an orange shirt to show Select Champion Patriot in
the
Presentation Class.

Most of my grooming done is to me,  Not so  much the dogs.

It isn't nice to fool with Mother  Nature.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard  German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament  come  together

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.