[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purpose of Annual Meeting

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:10:27 EDT

We had stopped attending the annual meeting when the Board took away the
membership's rights to vote.  This is the first time we had attended in
several years.  Now apparently the membership cannot participate at all.  There
is no membership involvement, except to accept awards.  I did  think it was
VERY gracious that a performance  person  be  allowed to ask for enclosed
arenas to work in at future nationals. A most  reasonable request. The meeting
use to be better attended when members  participated.
Carol &  Bob Moore, Scharo GSD

In a message dated 10/23/2009 12:59:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Bokenkampgsd1 writes:

It is suppose the be the one meeting a year that the membership  gets to be
involved in.  There was no forum this year for the membership  to address
concerns as there had been for a few years before. It is the place  you get
copies of the reports to be able to see what has occurred during the  year.
It used to be better attended.  This year it was very disorganized  and it
showed.   I am hoping the new board will consider some  thoughts to make it
member friendly...

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds since  1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont (recording  secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who agree with us  - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark