[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purpose of Annual Meeting

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 05:06:12 GMT

I have earned two Dual Title Awards in my lifetime.  One on Ch Diana, CD, RN
and one on Ch Harley, HT, PT.

Diana's plaque arrived with her name misspelled.  Lew Bunch was president at
the time and he ordered the  person in charge to send me a correct name plate.
When I went to the Annual Meeting to accept my Dual Title Award Pin, I was
informed that the written agenda would not be adhered to so that Purina could
present their Infomercial.  I left the meeting.  At the show the next day, Tony
Szczuka handed me my pin.

This year, Harley's plaque arrived 5 months after I asked for it, numerous
times with no response, from the person in charge.  It had his name and his
title misspelled.  I just took it to a local trophy shop and had them make up a
correct name plate, figuring it wasn't worth the aggravation of dealing with
the PC person in charge.  My name in the Review and in the National Catalog was
misspelled, but, Harley's, at least, was spelled correctly.  At this year's
Annual Meeting (which I almost missed) they had all of us come up to the front,
but, no one had any pins for us!!  At the show the next day, Evan brought over
my pin to me.

I don't know if the pleasure of earning that little recognition for my hard
work, financial expense, and my time was worth the insulting treatment and hurt
feelings received.

Had Carolyn Martello not run interference for me, I wonder if I ever would have
received the plaque.  Thanks, Carolyn, we will miss you on the Board.

I will never understand why people volunteer for work they are either unable,
or unwilling, to perform properly!!  At this time in my life, I know better
than to take on tasks I know I can't handle successfully and accurately.  After
I am retired, I will be more able to help out and hope that I can.  I am a very
detail-oriented person and I certainly know how hard we owners work for our
dog's achievements.  Time will tell.

Paula, 357 days and counting