[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purina Hi-pro, Raw, or what?

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: Carol Moore <scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:48:55 +0000

You are right on the mark, Carol.  Find out what your dogs do best

on and be happy.  We have used Purina for almost 30 years and it's

been good enough to produce 20 AKC and 40 CKC Champions, 5 of which

have been top ranked and BIS winners in either the US or Canada.

We have had one bitch that tended to hot spots while blowing coat

so we changed her to a corn-free product during that period and it worked

fine.  There is no one perfect solution for every situation.

As for raw, dog related animals in the wild didn't get nice clean chicken from

a supervised and regulated butcher.  They ingested every thing edibile in that

carcass, including intestines and stomach contents.. and it wasn't always fresh

....in other words, they ate what they needed to survive.

All I am saying is there is nothing wrong with raw if that is what your animal

does best on....but it is not the same thing that animals eat in a natural
state.

What ever works is what is right for your particular GSD.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com