[ SHOWGSD-L ] Purina Farms?

  • From: murfamx4@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:51:24 -0400

This facility is fabulous.  The Conformation has one side of the building and
the OB, Rally and Agility has the other side.  There is a wall and grooming
area's between the two areas so the noise of Conformation won't interfere with
the others.  Herding would also be on the same site but naturally out in a
field.
 There are 4 very large loading and unloading area's all under cover.  The turf
is a new type of turf especially  designed for Dogs to be able to run on cut
and stop without burning or tearing their paws.  The second floor is a meeting
room that will seat (I think) 350.  Both sides of this room will over look the
show arenas with floor to ceiling windows.

At the Mid West futurity we will be showing on the same type of turf but
outside.  We have had dogs on this working and they loved it and had no ill
effects.

There are a min. of 1200 rooms available with in 15 miles of Purina Farms that
will accept dogs.  If you want a high end Hotel there are many of them also
within a 15-20 mile Radius (these do not accept dogs)  As Steve said the RV
parking is also fabulous and there is more than we could ever need.  They have
a paved parking lot for 300 cars.  I'm not sure if this is open yet but will be
up and running soon.  They are going to have a vet office on the premises.
(less than 100 yards from the rear of the Building)

There is going to be a tour of the New Purina Facility on Sat May 15 after our
show.