[ SHOWGSD-L ] Purina Alliance

  • From: LauraEG@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:22:03 EST

Hi all,

Just a quick note that we are ready to get underway with the Purina
Alliance.  This is probably one of the best places to make sure you get  some
of the
news, and to pass along to other fanciers about the Alliance with  Purina and
the GSDCA.  Please read the President's message in the February  Review for the
complete article.  I plan to start sending emails to  individuals that are
parent club members and that I can find email addresses to  get us started.

I plan to start sending emails that will be similar to the following to get
the ball rolling:

Hello, I am the contact person for the Purina Alliance program.  I am
contacting you for information for the German Shepherd Dog Club of America's
Purina
Alliance Program that was outlined in the February issue of the German
Shepherd Dog Review by our President Lew Bunch.

This is an excerpt from his column:  How many of  you have finished a
Championship on a dog who was entered in a Futurity?   Purina is giving us the
opportunity to go back to 2003, the first Futurity Year  the old program was in
effect to capture this data.  Know what it will mean  to the GSDCA?  Purina
will
pay us $25 for every dog who is now a Champion  that was entered in a Futurity.
 Didnâ??t even have to be shown, just  entered.  How would you like to fund a
Victory Dinner at the  National?  Bet we could do it and this is no small job
so I have asked  Laura Gilbert to become the GSDCA Purina Point Person to
collect all this  data.  Laura will start by collecting the data for all the
Champions who  were entered in a Futurity, probably the best way is to email
her
your dogâ??s  name, registration number, sire, dam, your name and address.
Might
also be  good to tell her if you are a Pro Club Member but that is not a
requirement for  this part of the program.  Remember you can go back to 2003,
so all
dogs  who finished in 2003, 2004, and 2005 are eligible to earn $25 for the
GSDCA and  its membership.  Time to send in those names to Laura, her email
address  is: PurinaAlliance@xxxxxxxx  Lauraâ??s address if you want to mail  in
your data is 2448 Johnstown Road, Chesapeake, VA  23322 and just in  case, her
phone number is 757-421-7854.

Following is a list of champions that you own/co-own and could be  eligible
for inclusion in this program.  If you will respond with the  following
information, the GSDCA will receive $25 for each of your  Champions.
Name:                 DOB                      Date Finished
                Fido                         1/1/1999
    1/1/2003

I will need to know which Futurity your Champions were entered in,  they did
not need to be actually shown in the Futurity to be eligible, just  entered.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Laura Gilbert
GSDCA Purina Alliance

Please know that this is not spam, but just an  opportunity to gather
information for the Purina Alliance.  I look forward  to hearing from all of
you,
soon!

Laura Gilbert
GSDCA Office (officially)