[ SHOWGSD-L ] Purina

  • From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:30:46 EDT

Purina also hosts the Border Collie National EVERY year.  They have a
standing reservation to return there annually the 2nd week of  October.  Why
don't
we make a reservation for the 3rd week  of October?  Yes, maybe we'll have
rain, but so what?  We may also  have beautiful weather.  The average high for
October 15th is  72.  Average precipitation for October is only 3.22 inches for
the entire  month (December, January, & February are the only months with less
precipitation).

We would need to set up a C Course for herding at Purina, but they  have the
space to do it.  Tracking is only 10 minutes away.  There are  wonderful
bathroom facilities right next to the rings (indoor plumbing,  etc.!).  The RV
spots are fantastic, only drawback is that there is no  "dump", but we could
hire
a honeywagon for RV sewer service.   Many shows do that.  Some shows include
it in the price of "RVing",  others have a charge for the service ($10 is what
we've paid when it's not  included).

I had also heard that there was a place there at Purina now where we could
do a dinner.....but personally I like Lew Bunch's idea of a ringside outdoor
barbeque a LOT better than a formal dinner!!

Julie Degen