[ SHOWGSD-L ] Puppy prices

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:12:32 -0500

Iza pretty much took the words out of my mouth ---
except -- I had a motto for my kennel and even put
it on my pedgree forms - "Placement is more important
                                             than price"
I had a show bitch I was campaigning many many moons ago.
She was, Ok -- solid black -- At a show in either Ala. or Miss.,
it's been so long ago, I forget -- anyway, with the catalog you
had all the info of each entry, of course.  I got a call from a man
who offered me (a lot for a young gal like this at the time) $2500.
I had met him at the show and asked around about HIM!!
So, I knew --- and flat told him the dog is not for sale.

Well, it wasn't - at that time - to HIM - a year or so later,
I DID sell her --  to a proper home for $850 - and she had a
splendid life with those folks.

What I thought of first, when the question was asked about the
price of a pup, what went thru my mind was --
location, location, location    So, Iza knows  -- Norma no L