[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy mills - we help create them

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:27:19 -0700 (PDT)

I get training inquires all the time, as I am on the APDT web site.  I always
respond.  Being as I have bred one litter, and as noted in my post I am keeping
the whole litter it seems, I do not have dogs to sell.  I am the contact for my
club.  I do respond to every single inquiry I get, imediatly too.  I send them
on to the 2 breeders in my club who most often have puppies.  Lovely puppies
too I must add.

  About 1/2 the dogs I train are pet store dogs, and I ALWAYS tell these people
where their dogs came from.  I ALWAYS tell them that while we have what we have
and we love what we have, please don't ever even walk in there again!  Most, if
not all agree with me and promise to stay away from pet stores in the future.
Most have some sad tale of how much they spent to buy and then how much the vet
bills were to save what they bought from dire illness within the first week or
two.

  Not that I am current on the news here, but if Hunte is a GSDCA member, I
will quit.
  sheila
Iza Kabuska <izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I just tried to answer Sue Madlung's e-mail about people not responding to
puppy inquiries, but got the post back because it had too many lines ( ! ) AND
one of the individuals it was addressed to was returned "undeliverable" - In my
(whether I have puppies or not), but because of spam blockers and whatever else
people have on their e-mails, the people inquiring do not get my response. And
we all know how weird AOL can be at times. It's often that simple.
Iza Kabuska
http://www.karizmashepherds.com

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of GSDC of Greater Miami
Member GSDCA Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

starting at 1¢/min.