[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy food wars

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:49:27 -0700

We also do NOT use Puppy food past the age of about 5 weeks.  It is too
calorically dense, nutrient dense, and often causes more problems.  When we
see puppies come here with soft pasterns it is usually directly related to
using puppy food.  We get the owners to put them on a standard adult food,
no frills for awhile and "viola" the pasterns are just fine.
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
~or~
http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com
PUP-DATED:  MAY 6, 2009
Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING