[ SHOWGSD-L ] Puppy brags

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 22:50:30 EDT

Today we showed at our match at the GSDC of Gtr New Haven and enjoyed the
weather and the judging.  First up was sweepstakes with David Mizzoni
judging.  We entered one of our puppies, Masstana's Midnight Kiss (they were
whelped  on New Years Eve), in the 7 to 9 month class which she won.  Kizzy is
solid black bitch who just turned 8 months.  Next up was the Best Female in
Sweeps, and she won that too.  Then she went Best in Sweeps beating a
beautiful male puppy who really could win anywhere.  While it was not a large
entry
there were some very nice puppies there and we are grateful to David for
the nice win.
Next was the Sanctioned Match with Abbey Hathaway judging.  We rested Kizzy
and showed her black and tan sister, Gala in the 7 to 9 class.  Gala won
that class and went on to Best Puppy in Match.  Thank you so much Abbey for
appreciating our puppy.

This was their 2nd match experience as two weeks ago we went to the
Philadelphia suburbs and showed under Jim Mezey in the GSDC of Delaware Valley
GSDC
fall match.  There we showed Gala in the 7 to 9 puppy bitch class and she
went on to win Best Sr. Puppy.  There was no Best Puppy in Match at this show
so we were just happy to get them out.  We showed Kizzy in Novice adult and
she won that class over a beautiful bitch and went on to Best Adult in
Match.  We had fun and the pups got some valuable experience.  Now we are
almost
ready for the fall shows (I hope).

The puppies are out of our bitch Masstana's Haley's Comet (a Sel Ch
Jamaroqui daughter bred to a Sel Ch Booker daughter)  and sired by Ch Sirius
Park's
Kojack Bihari (a GV Bono son).  Haley has both majors and 11 points and
hopefully will finish soon.  Another solid black sister to our pups is owned by
Glen Murphy in St Louis and we can't wait to see her at the US National.
Good luck Glen and Mariah!   By the way both of our puppies were shown by
moi, who after two new hips and within a whisker of 69 years, can still get
around the ring without passing out!  It was fun.

Thanks for listening.
John V