[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Question

  • From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  • To: dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:49:46 EDT

Some years ago I learned the puppy "litterbox" trick from my BFF, Marilee.
Having the luxury of a concrete floor for litters helps, either garage or
basement.  As soon as the litter starts to bail over the side of the  whelping
box, we set up a nailed together  2"  X  4" four sided  frame about three foot
by
three foot square, and fill it with  shavings.It's amazing how well these
pups housebreak themselves using the  litterbox. I just took a little of their
soiled shavings outdoors in a dust pan,  and sprinkled it on the ground to
designate where they were to go when they went  outside. I had so many
compliments
from grateful puppy buyers, who were sent  home with a little bag of shavings
to show their new babies where to go. They  were amazed that their little
10-12 week old pups were totally housebroken  with no muss/no fuss. It works
wonderfully. Clean up was done in the  box using regular scoops several times
per
day, and removing the wet shavings  with a dust pan for disposal. Then I would
bleach, and dry the floor before  re-filling the box. Voila! Worked great for
us.                                                  Marcia

_Black  Oaks_ (http://www.geocities.com/blackoaksgsd/Homepage.html)

listings at AOL Autos.