[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Play School

  • From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, bruiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:57:10 -0500

Kathy is right anything can happen in a split second anytime anywhere.  I was
at a rest area with a puppy and I am very aware of all that is going on around
me, but out of no where came a dog charging at us.  The dog was loose and from
what I can gather had escaped from a car.  I managed to get my dog in the car
unscathed physicially but not unfortunately mentally and the dog took off to
terrorize someone else but not before the incident like I said had left a mark
on the puppy mentally.  She was not scared because she put herself in front of
me to protect me.  But this incident has instilled in her mind that all dogs
are out to get her.  She has excellent temperment with people and kids but now
not dogs and I have been working on trying to let her know that all dogs are
not going to get her.  This I might ad is very difficult to reverse.  Which by
the way if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.