[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Mills and High Volume Breeders

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 07:55:06 -0800

As in all things, there is partial truth here. AKC began as an organization to
register dogs, to keep the registry pure and to run events of the pure bred
dog.  That was their mission. They have moved their goal posts as all
businesses do, of course.  However,  they are still in business to register
purebred dogs whether in your home or in a commercial kennel.

The Dog Press has never been a fan of AKC and have been known to move facts
around to make a yellow headline about any group or person.  Read what they
have to say about our German Shepherd Dogs.

USDA licenses commercial kennels and transporters. Hunte is licensed by
USDA/APHIS.  Any other comment about their relationship is conjecture.  I talk
to APHIS staff quite a bit and I guess some could accuse me of being in bed
with them?  Home dog breeders have a person on APHIS staff to which they may
contact now.   Julian Prager is a bull dog breeder, dog judge and a lawyer and
is employed by APHIS staff to help their staff understand the uniqueness of
home breeding.

The biggest chunk of AKC money, according to  their 2013 year end statement
comes from registration… all registrations.  The next biggest chunk comes from
events and recordings. They register dogs, that is their business.  They
authorize events, that’s their business.

AKC Government Relations is the biggest friend that breeders and dog owners
have to fight Animal Rights instigated laws and ordinances.  GR Staff go far
beyond a job.  They believe in what they do.  What AKC does ‘behind the scenes’
in DC and all over the country is not well known and it should be.  AKC GR
staff should get a bigger budget and a bigger staff.

Finally, AKC is a club of clubs.  Each club has a delegate.  If somebody
doesn’t like what AKC does, talk to your delegate.  You don’t like what your
delegate does.  Get another one.

Repeating what is being spread around is what ARs do. Animal Rights groupies
read what the leaders say or write in their blogs and no matter how far from
the truth, it becomes THEIR truth. Please don’t be a ‘groupie.” Dig for the
truth from credible sources.  Repeating what is being written by less than
credible sources just is unsubstantiated rumors.

> On Jan 31, 2015, at 7:22 AM, Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> AKC sat back in an ivory tower while PETA and The HSUS campaigned and
> lobbied. AKC is a business and revenues trumped the right thing to do.  USDA
> is basically in bed with The Hunte Corporation; the worlds largest puppy mill
> operation.
>
> A huge chunk of money financing the AKC comes from commercial puppy mill
> buyers and the registrations; coupled with the AKC micro chip program..
>
> AKC put there head in the sand (up their rears ha); until public outcry
> started to diminish The AKC Brand and hit their bank account.
>
> What does AKC do?  They form a committee and find a spin.  Puppy Mills are
> now "High Volume Breeders" Through anti legislation this has now become
> someone with “an ownership interest in or custody of one or more breeding
> female dogs.”
>
> AKC and The Hunte love affair have led to all of us landing in a big bowl of
> poop soup.
>
> Want more information?  Join The Dog Press.
> http://www.thedogpress.com/PuppyMill/Hunte-History.asp
> <http://www.thedogpress.com/PuppyMill/Hunte-History.asp>
>
> Thankfully; people like Stormy fight lawa day on and day put. I wish I had
> her energy.  Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>
Stormy V. Hope