[ SHOWGSD-L ] Puppy Mills

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:41:43 -0400

Hi;

I seem to be on a roll tonight caughting up on the last couple of days mail. I
would like to address the Puppy Mill issue. You will
never out the big Puppy Mills out of business, for the reason they are a
business. When AKC started with the DNA testing, is when
the registrations form PM's started to drop. What did the PM's do, started
their own register's. As long as the pet buying public
can go into a pet store and lay down a credit card, you will never stop this.
There was also an article in the Gazette a few years
ago that basically addressed the fact that hobby breeders can not supply the
public's demand for purebred dogs, so you will always
have large volume breeders,PM's.

There also was a mention on the Delegates list  last week about an article
where Hunte Corporation, who is a very large PM
was given a $900,000 loan from the USDA to help them with improvements and
financial problems, I believe bankruptcy. Guess our taxes paid for that loan.
This is why I say there will never be an end to PM's since the USDA funds who
they say is the enemy.
I wonder what PETA and HSUS think about that!

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx