[ SHOWGSD-L ] Puppy Help- Crooked Legs

  • From: "chsweetsun" <chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amy Safdir" <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Adelhund Shepherds" <dgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, "Jodi Bobin" <gsd6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Hansenshalves@xxxxxxx>, "Leslie & Joe Beccia" <HorizonHoldings@xxxxxxx>, "Liv" <leevenrob@xxxxxxx>, "Jeannie Hamilton" <majapoodles@xxxxxx>, "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <Ohiogreys@xxxxxxx>, <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <Othellogsd@xxxxxxx>, "Carol Grossman" <raintree74@xxxxxxx>, <Rocknolgsd@xxxxxxx>, "Marie A. Fedorow" <rthunder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Don & Ingrid Smith" <smithdis21@xxxxxxx>, <solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Terri Stout" <TLSGSD@xxxxxxx>, "Vicki Burkey" <VSabiaB@xxxxxxx>, "DMRadich" <drad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Janice Armstrong" <willysammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ZYTUT@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:32:41 -0400

HI,
I have a litter of pups that are almost 7 weeks.  There are 5 pups out of the 6
 in the litter that are doing something weird with their front legs.  They
stand, and even sit sometimes, with the legs looking bowed out esp. at the
pasterns and just above the pasterns.  The one is so bad that now he even limps
when he walks.  It almost looks like Rickets, but it is mainly in the pastern
area.  They are NOT down on the pasterns at all.  They are fed Canidae 80% and
20% Beef n' Bone.  I treated them with Albon, and noticed this started shortly
after that.  Has anyone else seen or know of this.  They also are very poor
eaters.  They have been wormed properly- tho I bought some wormer at the store
and didn't see any worms pass since the first wormer at 3 weeks old so I bought
some Nemex 2 and just gave that last night.., and my Friend has a litter, very
similar blood line, Fed EXACTLY same as me but didn't need Albon, and they have
straight legs.  I don't believe in allot of puppy Vitamins, and feel still that
is not necessary as my friend's litter is doing super fed this way. Am I
crazy???or is it the Albon?
ANY help I would appreciate.  Any chance they will be better once I stop the
Albon..yesterday was day 5 and even tho they don't eat good now...I am stopping
it.
Tari
Brand New Website:
www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com