[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Gender

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mcmuse@xxxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:52:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Hallie...Let's see, back in the day when I was also showing Salukis, one of
my dear friends, Dr. Gertrude Hinsch, who is a geneticist for some university
in Fla. wrote a paper on puppy sex determination which I believe was based on
placement in the uterine horns.  Have patience and I will go up into the attic
and see if I can find it for you.  I can then scan it and email it to you.  It
has been a long time and, frankly I can't really remember exactly what her
article said.  Cynthia
Seth McMullen <mcmuse@xxxxxxx> wrote:  We just had a litter of 8 GSD puppies, 7
of the puppies are male. The last litter by this same male had 3 puppies in it,
all of which were female. I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on how
puppy gender is determined? Someone suggested that it might be due to the
timing of the breeding during the heat cycle, etc. I thought I would ask the
pros.
Thanks in advance,
Hallie
POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com