[ SHOWGSD-L ] Puppy Buyers

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:06:16 -0800 (PST)

My bitches are all on "strike" so I have not had the problem of selling puppies
for over 6 years now...but in my past I would guess that I have had well over
30 litters since 1970, at least 10 of these were Great Dane litters....although
I am not an expert, my former jobs have given me an excellent look into human
behavior...two of the many things I learned is that human behavior can not be
controlled by other humans..i.e. I can not control your behavior, nor can you
control mine...and human behavior is highly predictable and highly
unpredictable....so when it comes to trying to screen or do background checks
on puppy buyers, I personally think its a waste of my time, I don't care what
the buyer tells you or what you learn about them good or bad, once they get
little "Fido" or little "feefee" into their possession, they are free to behave
with that dog as they wish..I hope my doges go into good homes but thats about
the only thing you can really do..of course I will answer al
 l the
 questions they ask, even the questions that get on my nerves!...not telling
anyone to stop doing checks, most of you folks know I believe in the theory of
"always do what you believe is correct"..but I will say this.....some folks
have so many stipulations and conditions on the dogs that they sell, perhaps we
are sending folks straight to the puppy millers...if there were no need for the
puppy millers they would not exist.....Ed Hill