[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pup Mills,etc, So much bigger than just Hunte

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 07:57:28 -0500

HI Connie,
I cropped your post, but the whole post was excellent.
Thank you for bringing to light some of the truth of these types of Mills...and
the Solution??? EDUCATION to the Public !!!
Our AKC should stand behind the breeders and close down these types of places.
There is one locally, even tho she is "in good standings with the AKC"...why???
because she gives them tons of money.  She keeps 4 +female dashounds in with
one male, she keeps 4+female yorkies in with one male, she keeps...oh...several
other breeds like this...together.  When she sees one looking
"Pregnant"..ugh... she then brings them in to a smaller cage off the Groom
area.  It is disgusting to go there and see the poor animals...literally about
80 + dogs... in very small pens and all stuck together.  They litteraly are
begging to be touched and loved.  Why has no one shut her down...because they
are cleaned and fed and microchipped.  PERIOD.  She tried to get into the GSD
business...but found out the VERY hard way that you can not keep 4 female
GSD's..un socialized Breeding Stock..with one male together without someone
bloodied up every other day.  Most of her "Stock" as SHe calls it goes to Puppy
Retailers, so she says.  But, bottom line is, the AKC loves her.  She is Pr
 ize to them.  Vets locally love her too.  She sends them Tons of business.

You cannot tell me that I should be Proud to be a part of Our GSDCA Club after
they just promoted the "King" of this Crap.
Gail was so right, $$$$ talks, well... perhaps some of the $$$$ should WALK!!!

Tari Kridler
Home of 2003 Amer & Can GVX Kridler's Ruby and her Father 2 x Sel. Amer & Can
Ch. Kridler's Quno @ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com

From: ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Cropped Post:
We AKC register our dogs and they don't care where they register them or
even if they register them. This woman got mad at AKC because they gave her
a hard time and she started registering her dogs with a registry called
American Pet Registry . ( I think that is the right name) . People still buy
those dogs . They either don't care or don't know any better.

Somehow the public has to be educated and the good breeder has to be more
visible.

Brochures in the vets office , T shirts , what ever can be done.

The government is not going to put them out of business because government
is pro business.

The government I think would be more likely to put us out of the breeding
business because it is just a hobby .

Connie
AOL Mail and more.