[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puggles and all the rest...

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:15:58 -0400

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:49:21 EDT, kebre1@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

>Catering to apartment size dogs ,  and they are  healthier and have=20
>much less genetic faults.  All because they are breeding  two purebred =
dogs of=20
>different breeds together.=20

Ahhhh yes. So-called "hybrid" vigor. That's not really supposed to
exist in domestic dogs, but... whatever.  <rolls eyes>

Here's the latest bee in my bonnet. I read an online article last
night that talked about the latest, *must have* fashion "RAGE" --
tiny, little dogs... and designer handbags to carry them around in.
Yep! On the one hand, you have Louis Vuitton (or however the heck you
spell it) rushing to design and sell dog carriers that look like fancy
purses and "breeders" breeding *specifically* to get the tiniest dogs
possible to put in them, just so Paris Hilton and her ilk can be oh so
fashionable. This *can't* be good! What happens to all those teensy
little dogs when they are crippled with genetic disease their owners
didn't plan on? Or when they become too bothersome to deal with
anymore? I can throw a pair of "out of fashion" shoes in the closet.
But a living, breathing, feeling being deserves better than that.  :(

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

What if the Hokey-Pokey really *IS* what it's all about?