[ SHOWGSD-L ] Proud Member - GSDC of Canada

  • From: "Jack Kilgour" <jackkilgour@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:32:34 -0700

Dear Club Member,
Learning more about our breed.....about it's origin, intent, appearance,
versatile working abilities and it's fearless temperament is a passion for me.
I have spent my entire lifetime around German Shepherd Dogs, thanks to my Mom,
Marvis Kilgour  of Richer Manitoba who bought her first German Shepherd Dog
fifty-one (51) years ago.  Some of you remember Mom when she was more active in
our breed. (Kilmarvdon Kennels, Perm Reg'd).

Mom was and still is my primary MENTOR, and she instilled many of the values
that have all shaped my walk today.  She knew the more she gave back to people
in our breed, the more they became involved in working, breeding, showing and
loving our breed!!!

One such example of this pretty simple formula is an effort OUR CLUB is taking
on right now....that being the first ever GSDC of Canada Education Seminar
Series being held 3 weeks from today in Cloverdale, British Columbia.  The
newly formed Education Committee is now hard at work putting the finishing
touches on what is shaping up to be on incredible learning experience.  Please
check out this webpage (if you haven't already) to read about what we're
offering, but remember to come back to me - I have a little more to say!

http://www.bcgsdc.ca/judgingseminar.html

Phew...thanks for returning, I was hoping you would!  FYI registrations have
just surpassed thirty (30)!!!   Are we stopping there? Not a chance - we're
trying to hit our goal of forty (40) and we won't stop until we get there!
(confession...we're now actually shooting for even a few more that that!!!)

New and experienced German Shepherd Fanciers, All-Breed Judges (new and
not-so-new) and purebred dog breeders from other breeds are registered to learn
- to experience and ultimately to support the growth of our breed!!  Originally
we thought we were building a seminar targeting all-breed judges.  The request
had come from many out there.  As we designed it, we saw it's broader appeal
and we're glad with have a great mix of participants.

 How can we reach you?  What can we do to make sure every one of you who can't
attend this seminar experiences it?  We could look into a live streaming video
link (very expensive) or we could capture, produce and distribute it to you in
the form of an Education DVD.  A DVD you can watch and learn from again and
again!

Can I guide you to one more webpage? .... ah, well two more - the first one
directly below leads to a second one.  This is where you can decide what amount
you can afford and please take note there is NO MINIMUM price - that is
right....you set the price and we mail you an incredible training package!!
The Education Committee believes that is the only way to appeal to each of you
given this tough economy!  One more thing.......please come back one more time
...I have a wee bit more to say!

http://www.bcgsdc.ca/platinumpartner.html

O.K., so thanks for reading that!  You know producing this DVD and the meals
for our participants and the seating and tables are going to cost the committee
a good chunk of money.  We're trying right now to pay for these through the
pre-sales of the DVDs, which also will remind us what we can do as club members
to band together right now.  If we sell enough DVDs to YOU, our membership that
money would go directly to offset the expenses.  So what would happen with the
two to threethousand dollars ($2000-$4000) and any left over DVD revenues we
stand to see?  I'll answer that by asking "WHAT DO YOU WANT?"  A breeder's
seminar in your local area?  A junior handling seminar designed specifically
around young people showing our breed? An obedience forum featuring both
workshops and speakers?  How about we send some surveys out to the local clubs
and ask each one what they need?

Paying online using PayPal is secure and timely.  Some of you may prefer not to
use your credit card online.  For those who would rather send a cheque/check or
money order, please remember to email our host club's treasurer Daniella
Rogina.  All cheques/checks payable to The GSDC of Canada Inc.

Tell Daniella you're sending something in the mail so we make sure we get your
name on our Platinum Partner Page in the Catalog.  drogina@xxxxxxx

We can do this - and now is a great time to act!!!  Can you spare $10.00?  Is
$20.00 affordable?  Those amounts are not too low.. give what you can because
believe me this committee is giving what we can -to give you a seminar and
breed standard DVD you'll all be proud to view and share!

This idea - this endeavor is For our People - for the Future of Our Breed!!

Thank you!
Jack Kilgour
Education Chair, GSDC of Canada
jackkilgour@xxxxxxx