[ SHOWGSD-L ] Promotion vs Information

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:55:03 -0500

Diane wrote:

 litter announcement is a subtle advertisement that puppies MAY BE
available if you're interested. It's less subtle if it includes
information like "this litter is a repeat of  Fluff, who placed first in
his class at Mount Joy obedience school".

I reply:

--> Actually litter announcements on this list are supposed to only includ=
=3D
e the following:

Sire and Dam , number of pups, colors, date of whelp and gender.

Anything else is supposed to be saved for inclusion on the litterbox page.=
=3D
 There you can say
anything you want except for PRICE.

--> As for bragging, that also tells us who won under which judge.  Promot=
=3D
ion is secondary.

It is quite another thing to say, the My Stud DOg, my friend's stud dog is=
=3D
 standing at stud with
JOHN DOE in ANY STATE USA - that is advertising.

It is also one thing to say: I bred to GERMAN DOG ARF ARF with a line Bred=
=3D
 (BARK BARK
LINE) Bitch and this is what I got.  Upon breeding the progeny back to Ame=
=3D
rican Lines MEOW
MEOW MEOW THis is what I got.  THis is discussion of out crossing.  This i=
=3D
s interesting.
People can then research the particular dog used.  No need to advertise hi=
on the list.

NOT AN ADMIN POST BUT A PERSONAL OPINION

Dr Zo=EB M Backman
http://wynsumgsd.com
Support Your Vets and POW/MIAs