[ SHOWGSD-L ] Problems at the Edwardswille IL KC

  • From: "terraf" <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:50:11 -0600

Well it seems like there were lots of incidents at shows this past weekend.  We
too experienced some ugly stuff.  It seems the Clubs and AKC are into enforcing
all the rules and at times overstepping our rights.  We got into trouble for
having a baby stroller on site.  Then it was the crates and later it was the
dogs.  Finally I told them we won't be back next year.  And by the way I
noticed that there were half as many exhibitors as last year.  It is very sad
that this sport is being run into the ground by people who are just plain tired
of running shows.  It is like these folks are retiring but stay on 5 more years
to make others miserable too!
Our Rep was polite but she stood her ground.  It was the show committee that
was condescending and rude to us.  It is not a show that we will support again
unless the judges are especially awesome.
Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com
members of the GSDC of Quad Cities & GSDCA