[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Problem with Prelims

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:31:39 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2006 2:29:51 PM Central Standard Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The vet saw no evidence of pathology on the films, yet the OFA prelim
report stated that there was some subluxation in one hip and slight
dysplasia in one elbow.  No other abnormalities seen and the dog's
gait is good.  Clean coming and going.
Dont trust OFA......OFA sent back a report mild HD on one of our
dogs......subluxed one hip..my vet asked whos xrays did I send in......Well I
called
Keller, he said they didnt like the positioning...they NEVER told me to
resubmit..just graded the dog mild HD....So we resubmitted, new position....and
the dog
went from dysplastic to OFA Good in 2 months (must of been a miracle yes being
sarcastic)...And the elbows...use OVC...infact use the OVC for both...I have
more faith in the OVC then in OFA...
The GSDCA will accept the OVC for its Sel. Ex. and AOE now...approved by our
board April, 2006 (unanimously)

Patty Szymczak