[ SHOWGSD-L ] Probiotics

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:00:45 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

From: Fran Henry
Date: 10/26/2007 9:48:25 AM
To: showgsd
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Probiotics

Do those of you who give probiotics have recommendations? I have a male
who's been on antibiotics for a long time and who is having problems with
diarrhea. I've tried yogurt and pumpkin -- they helped, but not enough.
Flagyl helped too, but it's another antibiotic.

Thanks in advance.

Fran Henry

Hi Fran,

In my research, probiotic is just a part of the equation required for
cleaning up long term antibiotic usage and likely Candida Overgrowth.
Administering long term antibiotics creates an imbalance in **yeast** in the
body...... everywhere.  Please Google **CANDIDA**.

Now, while most research deals with human Candida Overgrowth... Is there
really a difference in either species in terms of how the bodies work?
Reflecting on the length your dog was on antibiotics, could this be the
problem?

There are remedies for Candida Overgrowth and specific diets.  Hopefully,
this info can aid in your decision making.

Kate Syssoloff
Rockannand