[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Private Clubs (off the list)

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael Lynch" <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:23:42 -0600

Mike --

Snipping from your post (below).  Well, I'll respectfully disagree with
your last paragraph.  This is a club - an organization of like-minded
individuals who, in this case, have formed an organization to promote and
improve the German Shepherd Dog.  While AH (tired of typing his name) most
likely loves his own personal dogs, what about the others?  By others, I am
referring to the dogs (of all breeds) whose lives are hell thru the
direct/indirect actions of his business.  Is he concerned about their
welfare, or is his concern simply limited to the dog that lives in his
house?

Do you, as a German Shepherd fancier, have any concern for the breed in
general; or is your concern limited to only those dogs under your roof?  I
think you are concerned about the breed in general, and will give you a
"yes" answer.

As a member of the purebred dog fancy, do you respect the efforts of other
breed clubs to preserve and maintain the integrity of their breed?  Again,
I will assume your answer is, "yes."

What are AH's answers to those same questions?  It is impossible for him to
answer positively - the business he has established for himself, no matter
how profitable it may be, indicates otherwise.  In response to his comment
that every person is entitled to make a living (profit), that is true.  But
each individual does make a conscious choice about how they make a living.
And AH can not state simply that he is an "employee" - he is the employer.
Since he so deeply believes in the ethics of his business - which involves
the soliciting and promoting of the indiscriminate breeding of purebred
dogs with no regard to the integrity of their respective breeds - then he
can suffer the consequences.  We are all accountable for our actions.

He can't have his cake and eat it too.

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.