[ SHOWGSD-L ] Priorities...Re: It should be about more than just winning

  • From: Tari Kridler <chsweetsun@xxxxxxx>
  • To: denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:04:00 -0500

One thing that must be present it Sound Temperament.? I think that winning is
GREAT, but if you develop your kennel on a bloodline that isn't sound, what
good is it.? Ahhh, when I think back of my Ch. Sweet Sunshine, ROM- the
foundation here... I wish more people could have seen her and appreciated her
mind.?

I just had someone offer me a Free female for "breeding".? I looked at her and
she was timid.? She darted out the kennel and refused to approach me.? I had to
go into my sermon, all about why this special dog of someone else should just
be a pet, but one that needs tons of socialization if they ever do place her as
someone else's dog.?? It's sad tho, that the thought even was there from anyone
to breed this problem.
Beauty is also in the eye of the Breeder, as well.? Some people thru the years
have "done their own thing".? Those are usually the ones that will be in this
breed forever.? Breed a litter because it is something that YOU are looking
forward to, as YOU must love what you are showing, training, feeding, Loving
day in and day out, NOT the Judge.??

Tari Kridler
Home of 2003 GVx Ch.Kridler's Ruby ROM & 2xSel. Ch. Kridler's Quno & Kridler's
K9-11 GSD Rescue@ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com
WEBSITE: www.showgsds4sale.com for Advertising Show Quality GSD's for Free.