[ SHOWGSD-L ] President's Message to the GSDCA

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:25:04 EST

If you are a GSDCA member and have not yet received the message Lew sent, it
may be hung up in cyberspace somewhere.  I got the message just twenty minutes
ago, long after seeing many of the responses to the list.

AOL, and other providers, have been having problems over the last week or
longer -- that has been posted to the list by the admins, and the admins have
also contacted many members when the list of bounces became very large.  They
asked us to contact any listers' who's names we knew from the large list they
provided to us directly.

I would personally NEVER believe that ANY member is being "blacklisted" from
a communication TO the membership.  When we receive messages sent through
Bill, if you read far enough you will see that there is a link to "unsubscribe"
from receiving the messages.  Apparently, enough people have tried it, and
often
enough, just to see if it really does work.  Enough so that Bill clearly
states IN EACH MESSAGE that if you hit that link, and unsub yourself, you will
have to wait until the next time he updates the database to receive messages
again.

How do you think Lew feels about having to send this as his first "official"
message?
And the other board members -- hearing it firsthand?  And Gail - the private
details of her personal life have become extreme enough to become public
knowledge....and only because she had undertaken a very big job for the
membership
and is in our "public" eye.  How many of us would like our personal lives and
problems made public knowledge?

And then people who have not yet received the message because of an e-mail
problem to think they are somehow being ignored, blacklisted, whatever?  You
should be ashamed.  This isn't about YOU!  And I am not talking about anyone
who
wrote a simple request stating they didn't get it.

This is not the time, subject, or place to even raise a question about who
got the message and who didn't.

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds