[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Presa Carnario

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Channing Sheets <cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx>, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:18:40 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, it is.  But the uneducated have no business having dogs they cannot
control.  I take my GSD's in public, and people ask if they bite.  My answer is
the same.  I would be a real fool to bring a dangerous animal to a public
place, so no they don't bite, they lick.

  We are ambassadors for our breed and breeds of dog that have less than
friendly reputations.  It is our job to educate.  It is our job to make it
clear that we got educated about owning large dogs with big teeth.  How about
you?

  The woman who got killed by her own dog was neither educated not prepared to
own such animals.  She had a history of having dogs she could not control.
Hillsborogh county in Florida had many complaints on her for Pit Bull's.  So
she switched breeds to a more expensive and dangerous breed.  She was even less
prepared to manange this breed than the Pitt's, and so it was inevitable that
someone was going to get badly hurt.

  Again, I say, better her than her children, or anyone else on the planet.
  sheila
Channing Sheets <cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          That is terrible.  THe said thing is that those are the people by
which we and are dogs are judged by the general public.

  Channing