[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pregnant or NOT???

  • From: blackhawkfarms214 <blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 17:58:50 -0600

Terra,
What do you call a vet who graduated top of his/ her class, stays up to
date on Research and innovative technoloy and procedures, and is open to
his/her clientele? Now, what do you call one that barely graduated,
stagnant in their continuing education and makes a poor diagnosis? BOTH
have the honorarium of "Doctor" !  My point is there good uns and bad ones.

A few years back (and on a holiday weekend) i asked a new "repro" vet (note
use of quotations) in my area was the cause if my bitch not taking. I
implored him to inseminate on day 11 as her 2previous litters had conceived
on that date. He flat out refused saying he wanted to see higher surge
numbers. I implored him to humour me and do it on that Friday (day 11).  He
said that HE was the one with the degree in Thierongology (sp) and I was,"
just a breeder trying to practice vet medicine without a license." He was
closed Saturday and on Monday when he came in to do the insemination, her
number was back down to a 4. I told him he missed it but whatever.. maybe
he knew something that I didn't... nope. I took her back at 28 days to
USound and guess what..No Pups!!!

As i did more research, there are a lot of vets out there who are anti
breeders. They are forever suggesting spaying and nuetering..some at even
7-8 weeks of age. I suggest to trust your instinct and get a new vet.

Mike