[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pregnant Bitch Steals Cake!

  • From: Jackie Ambrose <angelrungsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:21:54 -0800 (PST)

I have been reading all the dog stories and have
enjoyed them all. I have a story about Mattie, our 1st
Champion. She always loved to eat, seemed to inhale
her food. When visiting friends were around at feeding
time they were amazed at how quickly Mattie's food
disappeared! Well, we were well aware of her food
fetish, which was even worse when she was pregnant
One day we decided to bake a cake. We knew Mattie
would steal it if she could, so we put it up where we
were sure that Mattie, who was a large bitch, could
not possibly get it to cool before we frosted it. We
went into the other room to watch tv and came out at
the comercial break. Somehow Mattie had gotten the
cake which was in a metal cakepan off the ledge onto a
tile floor without making a sound. Nary a crumb was
left!! She was an incredibally smart dog. When we had
to put her daughter down, the vet came to our house to
do it. We were in a closed bedroom and all the other
dogs were outside except for Mattie. After the vet
left with Widget, I wondered if Mattie understood that
Wiget, whom she had whelped and lived with for 5 years
was gone. So I asked "Mattie, were is Widget?" She
hung her head and looked really sad. I swear she knew.
When she came inside from being out all day, the first
thing she would do if she didn't see Jackie (Jackie
was always her main person) is look to see if her
purse was on the counter before she would take off to
look for her. No purse, no look! She was our Beautiful
Ch Linnloch Almost an Angel HT PT TC OFA. When she
stopped eating we knew it was time for her to go. She
has been gone 2 1/2 years and we still miss her joy
for life.
Gail in finally "sunny" Califronia

http://mail.yahoo.com