[ SHOWGSD-L ] Prednizone

  • From: "Holly Woods" <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 06:36:21 -0700

What is your experience with prednizone? I know that some dogs will lose
bladder control. Does it come back after the pred is out of their system?
My dog that wasnt eating that I posted about had been on pred for her pf. I
took her in and they have put her on antibiotics. She seemed to feel better but
the only thing she will eat is cookies.. I havent been able to get her to eat
any suppers even with tasty things mixed with it but she will eat
cookies......so far. Do you think this is from the pred or something else going
on.Vet wanted to see her again when antibiotics finished. She hasnt seemed to
be losing weight but I think I may be losing her.My gut feeling. She is 9. My
dogs all live to 13-14 usually .
Holly Woods