[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pound Puppy Rescue

  • From: Lacy340@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:20:29 EST

Today I was going to the grocery store and noticed a Pet Food Express store
had opened.  There were hundreds of people out front.  Of course I  went over
to investigate in case there were any GSD there.  I found the  most wonderful
non profit organization "Pound Puppy Rescue" with puppies they  had rescued in
exercise pens with children and adults sitting with the puppies  in the pens.
 I saw a friend who is interested in adopting  a Lab mix  and she enlightened
me on this organization.  You have to have a personal  interview with the
people.  You may pick which puppy you would like and  then give them two or
three
choices.  You then have to go home and fill out  a 5 page application on
line.  After that if they believe you are suitable  they come to your home to
make
sure it is suitable for a puppy.  OMG I was  really impressed But the main
thing that impressed me was I asked why the  Children were in the exercise pens
with the pupies.  At one time a grown up  picked up a puppy and dropped it
some time ago.  Now you are not allowed to  pick up the puppies but the people
in
the pens with the puppies will hold them  up from a sitting position so you
can touch and love them.  OK this gave me  chills and I was so impressed that I
will write them a letter commending them on  their care.  If only everyone
followed this.

Their website is _http://www.poundpuppyrescue.org/_
(http://www.poundpuppyrescue.org/)
http://www.aol.com.