[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Post question

  • From: Janice Buchanan <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:07:11 -0600

I agree the emails with nothing more than "Im sorry" or "congrats" can be a
bit
much, but the sick dog questions often bring replies that others can benefit
from.
I was able to save one dog from bloat/torsion because someone had posted
a detailed description of the early symptoms.  In fact, we were so early
that I
had a hard time convincing the busy staff that I really had an urgent
emergency - until my own vet arrived and did an x-ray.   It wasn't something
I'd ever experienced before - so I would have gone to work that morning and
come home to a dead dog if someone hadn't shared.
As for the friendly, supportive posts, they give a positive feeling to the
list  -
and even when they get carried away, it's worth the information that comes
at other times.

Janice