[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Post question

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:01:16 +0000 (UTC)

Reply vs reply all: Simple enough to understand.

We all care about our fellow GSD acquaintances and friends.  We want to know
about health problems, questions about our breed, legislation issues, wins,
performance titles, challenges,GSDCA issues, and fun things you do that are
dog relevant.  If a fellow member has a turn for the worse in there lives,
many of us want to know.

When you reply "all" it should be relevant to at least 5 people.  Many times
this is advice, experiences, solutions, or exchanging valuable information.

 You should reply to the individual and not "all" because you want to send
congrats or condolences. The list is not the place to hit "reply all" to show
others that you care or want to self promote your good nature. LOL. A
private reply could be due to

 sad circumstances in a fellow members life,illness in their family,
 perhaps a dog passing away, and of course the good news to congratulate a
person on a show win or title.

BTW: If you post to the list to brag about some friends dog, mention a
specific incident, or mention someone affiliated with: we all know who is
friends with who and why you sent the email.  Why not just go there and say "I
am proud for my friend." Many of us were born yesterday; but our heads are not
also under a big rock.