[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Possible Solution?

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, JParker0127@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:58:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mary Tripp <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And maybe stop the backbiting and infighting I see with
> many of the newbies.
>
> Mary

My thought is there is fighting and backstabbing whether
you are new OR old in the breed.  It all comes down to
jealousy, making excuses, and being burned.  I have seen it
where people help the newbies when it benefits THEM, ie.
sell them a show pup which is not really a competitive
dog/bitch, encourage them to show their dog when it is not
a threat to theirs.  When the newbies figure out the game,
do you expect them to be happy, not to fight back?  And I
know, the old timers do the same thing to each other.  When
a big name wins, they congratulate and then walk away
saying the dog only win due to its owners.  Its all the
same, and I am getting sick of the arguing, the back
stabbing as well.

When newbies do well, people stop trying to help, sometimes
people no longer even saying hi.  I am new, and I have
heard it time and time again, I have not payed my dues
enough to have the success I have had.  I know people talk
behind my back, and I keep my mouth shut most of the time,
since it is not worth the argument. Is it my fault that
I've been showing for 6 years, bred 2 litters, finished 2
Champions, bred 1 Champion who is a R/BIF winner, and bred
2 other pointed progeny who are just under a year old? Does
that mean I know it all??  NOOOOO.  I have been VERY lucky
to have some great mentors who have taught me alot about
showing and pedigrees, as well as just plain luck when
breeding.  But based on what others say this is not the
case...I guess I must have some other trick up my
sleeve...NOT.....Alot of the times at show, I hardly speak
to anyone  Part because I am shy, part I don't want to hear
the complaining. I also keep my mouth shut when old timers,
stand next to me and say aloud "Can't believe that pup is
winning again" when its MY puppy in the ring, or when
people give me dirty looks when one of my dog wins (mind
you these people USE to talk to me all the time BEFORE I
had any success)  Its not worth the headache of the
argument, and I now know who my true friends are.
Mind you I am not saying my dogs are always winning (or
should win), because they are not.  There are better dogs
out there then mine.  But I have been VERY lucky with the
dogs I have had.  I am showing my dogs because I love my
dogs.  Most of the time now, I handle myself as much as I
can.  I know my present girl is not ready to finish, I show
smart.  Showing "here and there" to keep her trained or to
"help" with Majors for her brother. I try to help friends
who are new, and are still learning (mind you we are ALL
learning).  I try to help because i have seen first hand
people who been BURNED by some of the old timers (as well
as newbies).  Maybe I am wrong for trying to help others,
maybe this is what gets me in trouble.  But to me I'd
rather be out there helping people than complaining.

The fact is, people talk, people argue, people disagree,
and everyone wants to win.  I think we all need to put
these things aside, and TRULY help each other, and realize
we will all disagree at some time, but the fact is, we are
all in it for the same reason.....we love the breed......

http://mail.yahoo.com