[ SHOWGSD-L ] Porcupine left his mark

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:14:11 -0400

Hi all:  I belong to other groups that are non-German Shepherd related
but still animal related.  Someone just posted a picture of two of their
dogs who got hit in the face with porcupine quills.  Boy, does that look
painful.  She said that she pulled them all out so she didn't have to
take them to the vet.  Has anyone ever had their dog tangle with a
porcupine?  If so, after the quills are removed, should you be treating
his face with something?  Should he be seen by a vet?  I want to advise
this woman so her dogs don't get infected.  Thanks,  Barbara