[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Political Action Committee (PAC)

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <CARALAND@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:28:54 -0700

Hi Jack.
PETPac was quickly  started by Bill Hemby about two months ago.
This PETPac  Organization is California based right now and is still NEW....and
will hopefully
become Nation Wide soon with some support.
Bill Hemby has been woking in the Capitol forever and was a Governor appointee
as head of the
Juvenile Justice Dept. in Calif. ( I believe that is the title ....could be
wrong. )  years ago...and
has been an active Lobbyist  for years for COPS.    He became involved years
ago in fighting
some of the 'vicious dog'   bills that were smothering us for a while.
He had a German Shepherd Dog for quite a while and showed her himself and fell
in love with
dog shows.   In time he fell in love with Borzoi's and  has been successfully
showing them for
a few years himself and with handlers.......and now he is active in showing
horses.
In other words.......he knows animals, dog shows,  and breeders,  he IS a "dog
person"  and he is
well known and respected at the Capitol in Calif. and he knows how to deal with
Politicians and
politics,  raise money,  and get the message out with intelligent marketing and
P.R.
His right hand man and main speaker is Kelly Moran.....owner of two German
Shepherd Dogs.

Regarding AKC and PAC..........'  would that they were '  as active as Bill
Hemby and Kelly Moran
have been in just two months time in getting this bill slowed down in it's
steamroll across California!!

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com