[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Political Action Committee (PAC)

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, CARALAND@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:32:16 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/07 10:53:56 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Stormy435@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Starting SOMEHOW German Shepherd Dog Rescue (rehoming) shelters.   GSDs are
> way too numerous in shelters and there are only TWO rescues in the southland
> that I know of,

ok, stormy brought it up so i'm going to open my big mouth here.  i am a
temporarily displaced californian but have every intention of going home in the
next few years.  i have also been doing gsd rescue for a number of years.  i'm
sure tari, diane roberts and any others on the list who do rescue will back me
up on the following:  WE NEED FOSTER HOMES!!!!!!!!!  i can't take every
homeless gsd south of the chicago area in illinois.  tari can't take them all
in
ohio and diane is completely inundated in florida.  as a breeder, i state in my
contract(s) that i will take back any dog i have bred, at any time and for any
reason.  many of you do the same.  but how much power would a bill like 1634
have in any state if each and every breeder was willing to evaluate and house
just one homeless dog.  honestly, i can ill afford the extra mouth to feed, not
to mention the veterinary expenses involved, but agsra is there to help
defray costs.  perhaps all of us need to put up or shut up.  if we were a
constant
presence at the shelters, taking care of and responsibility for our own breed,
we might be able to drown out the aristas who say we are the problem.  hate
to say it, but we can yell all we want, if we don't become a more visible part
of the solution, that bill or one just like it is going to pass eventually.
that would be a very  black day.

instead of allowing others to police what we do, we need to police ourselves
and do right by the dogs who have no voice. open up one of your kennels or
ex-pens or crates to a gsd who is facing euthanasia simply because he's
unwanted.
  jmo but it needed to be said.
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

<BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Get a sneak peak of the
all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>