[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Political Action Committee (PAC)

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, CARALAND@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:35:21 EDT

Suzanne, I appreciate the thought, but of course, many working dogs are
brought in and dogs are imported for breeding purposes.   Can you imagine the
screams?   I know you said humane societies, but it would soon be seen as all
imports.   By requiring STRICT adherence in animal control for transfer
statistics
of animals, strong controls on those transfers, basically record keeping the
way it should be, the trumped up figures would be obvious quickly.   Seeing
"IMPORTED" as an intake would certainly stand out.   These transfers of animals
between shelters, between counties, between STATES are all counted as entries
in animal intake.   That must stop.

Stormy

In a message dated 7/11/07 3:47:27 PM, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> What we need to do in California and the North East is to support a law
> that animals cannot be imported from foreign countries by humane
> organizations
> for the purpose of adoption.  If there is a shortage then animals must be
> brought in from other US locations where there is a surplus of adoptable
> animals.
> Boy, Howdee I can just hear them screaming already!!

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org