[ SHOWGSD-L ] Police K9 (GSD) killed in California

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:50:19 EST

It is considered a felony, as the police dog is an officer as well.   This
jerk is going down for a long time. I saw the news today and a film of the
dog's body being carried by an officer to the car. Not my idea of how to start
new year. He was a handsome German shepherd, doing his job.

Every New Years day I go into my office and reflect on how I survived
another year, supported a staff of seven or eight, paid my bills,  made  some
new
friends, and helped some old ones. Last year I was in the hospital and  missed
it, but today it was bitter sweet as I watched USC and remembered Bob  Penny
and how he loved those college games.

I miss my friends and hope this year brings to all of us that which we
desire, and the tranquility to enjoy it. May the year be your best ever, and
may
the pain of the past fade quietly for us all.

Have a great life, and start it with this year.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together

In a message dated 1/1/2008 9:53:25 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx writes:

I think  it is that same as killing an officer.  Evan can probably give  us
the correct  information.