[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pls FWD: Petition to investigate the HSUS for non-compliance with the lobbying disclosure act of 1995

  • From: Donna Fefee <dlfefee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:11:22 -0500

Currently there are 1795 signatures, with 23,205 still needed.  That
means an additional ~1540 signatures PER DAY between now and February
1st.  I think it is doable if "we" all sign, and if we send this to our
contacts.  [I have signed it and have been sending it, and I've run out
of contacts at this point....]

Especially important: lets get this to hunters and people involved in
agriculture.

Equally important: The petition is NOT about the HSUS'
animal-rights-promoting agenda. It is about whether or not their
extensive lobbying activities are in accordance with the law.  EVERYONE
should should be on board with that.  Misuse of 501(c)(3) status by such
a high-income special interest group means A LOT of money has basically
been stolen from us, i.e. We the People.

Here are the links again:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/investigate-humane-society-united-states-non-compliance-lobbying-disclosure-act-1995/42RtSR6W

or http://tinyurl.com/7abq3r4The petition is here:

Instructions:

1. Click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT (lower right corner) and fill in and
submit the form.  This will be available, even if the screen tells you
that the site is undergoing maintenance.
2. Once the account is created, you will receive an email from
Whitehouse.gov with your password and a link to click to "activate" your
account. You should be signed in once you have clicked the link.
3. Unfortunately, you will have to copy and paste the original URL (or
click on this link: http://tinyurl.com/7abq3r4 ) to get back to the
petition.  If the screen shows the White House under construction
instead of the petition, you should try refreshing or reloading the page.
4. If you get back to the petition page and find you are not signed in,
go ahead and do so. [Things just do not seem to work correctly or
consistently on this web site.]
5. Once signed in and on the petition page, click on the button to SIGN
THIS PETITION. If it is grey, rather than a dark color, there is
something going on, and it will not work when you click it. I could not
get it to work until I switched to using Internet Explorer.
6. Once you've signed it successfully, your first name and last initial,
along with the date of your vote and the # of your vote, will show on
the petition.
7. Please SHARE or email this to as many people you think would be
interested in participating.

There have been some counterproductive weird misgivings about the origin
of the petition.  The author is a dog breeder.  [See below.]

Some people also seem suspicious that this is a ploy designed to collect
their names.  It should be noted that the "we the people" site also has
petitions related to legalizing hemp, legalizing drugs, something
related to NAMBLA, oh, and several petitions that came straight out of
the HSUS play book.  Your last name WILL NOT show up on the site--just
your last initial.

Re: [AKC-legislative-liaisons] White House petition
     Posted by: "mrm1206" mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx mrm1206
     Date: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 am ((PST))

If it helps I will vouch for Amy's integrity. She is a member of IFDCO
(our IL State Fed), and I know her through that organization as a
tireless worker against all things AR. (I've been on the IFDCO Board
from 2010 through this current year, 2012).

Since a lot of people know me, you can crosspost this also.

Margo Milde

--- In pet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Amy Peterson <elvbend1@...> wrote:

> > Hello.  My name is Amy Peterson and I personally initiated this
petition.  I am a breeder, trainer, and exhibitor of Norwegian
Elkhounds.  I am LL for the Norwegian Elkhound Assn of America and for
the Northeastern IL Norwegian Elkhound Assn.  If you doubt the validity
of my claims I am certain either one of these organizations would vouch
for me.

> > I am also a member of the Quad Cities Dog Obedience Club, the
Greater Milwaukee Norwegian Elkhound Assn, the Chicagoland Hound Assn,
the Illinois Federation of Dog Clubs and Owners, and a proud supporter
of NAIA.