[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Please read this...........

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:29:16 -0700

On Sep 2, 2009, at 4:15 PM, pmick12 wrote:

> http://www.thedogpress.com/Columns/09091-Civil-Rights_Lawler.asp
>

> Peggy
The following is an excerpt from the Dog Press Article for which Peggy
has posted the url.

            I do not see any delegates standing up to AKC and asking
for accountability on any of the things that it has been doing for
years.  What I have seen and observed is more of the same, which is
nothing.  I would like to see some of these ‘yes men’ that call
themselves delegates and protectors of the pure-bred dog stand up at a
meeting and make the following proposal:

I would like to request the BOD to issue the following mandate:

If each of you delegate clubs do not participate and support the
legislative efforts by either going to your state legislative hearings
on the proposed HSUS and PETA bills and or writing/faxing and calling
your state representatives you will not be licensed to hold your show/
shows or matches until such action is taken.
You will conduct at least 2 fundraisers a year in order to raise money
to help fund a lobbyist to represent your interests at the state or
federal levels.  Proof of such fundraising must be provided in order
for you to receive the licensing for your shows and/or matches.
You will hold educational seminars either through your local or state
humane societies and offer outreach programs to schools/colleges on
the issues of Human Rights and what “animal rights” really is.
            How can a local kennel club that should be supporting
local legislative issues have a delegate who doesn’t even live in the
state that they are representing, let alone the city or town in which
the kennel club is in?  AKC needs to remove those delegates. One can
start from there.

Did it ever occur to the veterinarians who support HSUS and PETA that
they are supporting the demise of their own occupations?  If there are
no dogs, cats or other animals which is what “animal rights” is aiming
for, there will not be any need for veterinarians.  Or any other
related industries, such as pet                                         food
manufacturers,
veterinary medicines, pet toy manufacturers, the list is endless.

If HSUS and PETA take away our rights as pet owners, then there would
be no need for them either.  This must be about more than freedom for
animals.  So how are we going to stop this loss of our civil rights
and freedom in America?  I’m no longer sure that we can.  The only
hope I think, is to convince more people of the seriousness of the
situation and get back to where our freedoms were valued above
everything else.  Back then we demanded it, today we let HSUS and PETA
dictate it.  We have to agree that freedom is more important than
anything else.  We must preserve our civil rights and not let HSUS and
PETA take them away from us.  I just hope that there are enough of us.

http://www.thedogpress.com/Columns/09091-Civil-Rights_Lawler.asp