[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Please read carefully - P.R. Relations Chair: REGIONAL CLU...

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:37:04 EST

In a message dated 2/4/2007 9:23:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If there  is a rule there is a way around it.  We need to give the board the
power  to use common sense and let it decide if an applicant has the best
interests  of the breed and the club in mind.

If the  board had had that power with regards to Hunte, he would not be a
member.  Our board would have felt safe turning down his  application.  The
potential suite would not have been worth Hunte's time  and this issue would be
over.

1. We presumed when we voted these Board members in ,that they  would have
the "Common Sense" you
       speak of..
  2. They DO have the power you speak of,and 9 chose to let him  in.
  3. This IS a PRIVATE Club and we can turn anyone away on membership  we
want,without giving reasons.
  4.  Some Board member did not investigate enough ahead of time  to assure
themselves that the threat of
       lawsuits were not valid .( Evan has  posted on this as well as Dan
Smith,Insurance  Chairman)