[ SHOWGSD-L ] Playing by the Rules or playing with the rules

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: BJBuie@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:42:42 EDT

This whole discussion brought back a BIG memory.

I was once asked to be a Rules Chairman for my Tennis club ( the Big Club of
Clubs).   Seems that for years, the rules were vague and were being misused
blatantly.   Creating all sorts of problems.

Okay!   I love clear and held fast rules.   Makes life easier.   Made a
committe of 2 from each club, wrangled out a great set of rules, agreed upon by
the
BIG club and all the associated clubs.

As I was Rules Chair, I was called upon to state those rules when there were
conflicts.   NO PROBLEM....these rules are so clear cut that it's NO PROBLEM

EXCEPT...   there were big hurt feelings and thoughts that the rules were
followed too closely, shouldn't be utilized in THIS situation or THAT
situation.
 There should be exceptions.

I resigned as Rules Chair.

Just my experience

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com