[ SHOWGSD-L ] Pity Party Blog

  • From: Kris Christian <Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:42:30 -0700

Okay...

I am really feeling sorry for myself now :  (

It sounds like y'all are having a great time in Ohio and it is raining,
dark, and cold out here in Oregon.

So to feel better I have been inspired by Evan and feel the need to
offer up a "blog" from the Pity Party.

Here goes:

Commuted to work today without incident. Didn't even spill coffee on my
dress shirt or slacks. Whoever invented the travel mug with the little
sliding thing on top deserves a Nobel Prize! Had an average day full of
meetings, deadlines, helping solve problems, concepting new ventures,
and a bit of laughter. E-mailed so fellow dog friends during windows of
time between meetings. Not bad over all! Came home and served up the
stew that I slow cooked for two days in a crockpot to my family. My
middle boy, Jackson, who some of you met at the Colorado National came
in soaked to the skin from football practice. My wife, Jennifer, and I
laughed pretty hard at a Dave Barry column on getting his first
colonoscopy. The dogs had wet coats, but aren't muddy, yeah for stall
mats! Well Tuesday is almost over and Wednesday promises to have lots of
everyday life events, meetings, spreadsheets, e-mail, playing Legos with
the boys, listening to Pandora on the Rick James Station or maybe a
little Devo tomorrow night...

Now everyone is heading off to bed to be ready for another fine fall
day...but I'm in Oregon and missing my first National since 2003! Okay
here comes the waves of regret. Suck it up man!

Better now.

Have a nice night and those of you who are at the show say a little
prayer for those of us at home. We are grateful that the show is going
on, but a bit jealous! Have a great time!

Kris

Kris & Jennifer Christian

Pioneer Acres

German Shepherd Dogs and Dorset Sheep